Epsilon Sigma Phi
Your Key to Professional Excellence
- Attends meetings of the Alpha Rho Chapter of Epsilon Sigma Phi.
- Coordinates work of chapter committees:
• Communicates with chair and chair-elect about roles and responsibilities.
• Appoints all chair-elect and members of committees prior to transitioning to president. (Before October 1) Other officers may be helpful in this process.
• Assists recognition committee in submitting nominations for national recognition.
• Appoints new members who joined during annual conference to committees.
- Works closely with president as a learning/preparation experience.
- Fulfills responsibilities in the absence of the president.
- Gives president-elect report at chapter meetings and in newsletters.
- Serves on the Extension Endowment Fund Board of Trustees.
- Serves as a representative for ESP along with the chair and chair-elect of the ESP Professionalism Committee to the United Association Conference Planning Committee.
- Serves as chair-elect of the nominating committee.
- Represents the chapter:
• as a voting delegate at the national conference.
• at regional Joint Council of Extension Professionals (JCEP) workshop.
• at Public Issues Leadership Development (PILD). Apply for scholarships to PILD.
- Submits report for chapter annual report.
- Presides at the end of the annual banquet following installation of officers. Presents a gift from the chapter membership to the outgoing president.
- Keeps a file, box, or notebook of details of the office (including time line) up-to-date to pass on to successor.
- Submit appropriate documents to historian for the archive.
- Fulfills other responsibilities as needed.
October 5, 2012