Chapter Recognition Process
Nominations due online by August 15
National Recognition Categories (submitted on-line using National ESP site - recognition.espnational.org/)
Brief Description of Recognition Categories:
Distinguished Service: Outstanding program leadership for more than 20 years.
Continued Service: Experienced Extension professional with 20+ years who has exhibited continued leadership, initiative and excellence. Members are eligible for nomination five years after receiving the chapter DSA Recognition.
Mid-Career: An experienced Extension professional with 10-20 years of service.
Early Career: Demonstrated noteworthy enthusiasm, performance and accomplishment during their early Extension career (less than 10 years).
International Service: Significant contribution to international programs through in-state and/or overseas work.
Administrative Leadership: Demonstrated noteworthy administrative enthusiasm, performance and accomplishment during 10 or more years of service.
Visionary Leadership: For those whose significant accomplishments have led Extension forward in new directions.
Diversity/Multicultural (Individual): Recognizes outstanding efforts and accomplishments in developing, achieving and sustaining Extension programs in our diverse and multicultural society.
Diversity/Multicultural (Team): Recognizes outstanding efforts and accomplishments in developing, achieving and sustaining Extension programs in our diverse and multicultural society. At least 50% of team members must be current ESP members.
Distinguished Team: Significant contribution to state Extension program planning and delivery. At least 50% of team members eligible for ESP must be team members.
Friend of Extension: Recognizes volunteers who build support for Extension. Nominees are individuals, teams or organizations who have given outstanding service and support to Extension. (No ESP membership.)
On-line instructions to nominate/apply:
1. Go to the National Epsilon Sigma Phi Recognition website recognition.espnational.org
2. Across the top of the webpage, the recognition categories are listed – Service Awards, Leadership Awards, Other Recognition, National Recognition and Recognition Submission Form. Hover over the applicable category a drop down list of specific recognition categories will show up. Click on the specific recognition (i.e. under Service Awards, Distinguished Service) you are applying for or nominating a colleague for.
3. You will see a brief description of the recognition and at the bottom of the page is a link to the submission form. Click on the link and the submission form will appear.
4. Fill-in all of the information. If you are nominating someone else and want to keep it anonymous, type your name in the Applicant’s Phone and your e-mail in the Applicant’s E-Mail box. (The person whose name and e-mail is typed in these boxes, will receive an e-mail that the submission form has been completed and submitted).
6. When you are finished filling-in all of the boxes, hit the green Press to Submit box at the bottom of the screen.
Alpha Rho Chapter Recognition Categories (use the paper nomination form)
Horizon Recognition: Alpha Rho recognition that encourages and pays tribute to early career professionals holding ESP associate membership and shows noteworthy enthusiasm, performance, and accomplishments as a Kansas Extension professional. Each year 2 county/district staff, 1 area staff, and 1 state staff could be recognized.
Meritorious Service: Alpha Rho recognition which pays tribute to Extension Professionals who have consistently exhibited continuing leadership and excellence in their Extension careers. Each year 2 county/district staff, 1 area staff, and 1 state staff could be recognized.
25 Year Tenure of Service Recognition: ESP members with 25 years of employment in the Extension System.
Retiree Service: Extension retiree who continues to contribute to the mission and programs of Extension. ESP membership is required.
Alpha Rho Chapter Recognition
• Individuals must hold current ESP membership.
• Meets guidelines outlined in recognition description
• Application/nomination received by deadline August 15
Applications must be submitted electronically to Elizabeth Brunscheen-Cartagena using the current nomination form.