GAPs and On-Farm Food Safety Plan Information
Produce growers should be continually improving the safety and quality of their product, and documenting their safe practices. Some buyers may also ask farmers to undergo a third-party audit, such as USDA Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs). These resources are intended to help producers with these goals.
Food Safety Assessment
- Kansas Food*A*Syst: A Food Safety Risk Management Guide for the Producer
- Farm Food Safety Decision Trees - Cornell University
Creating a Food Safety Plan (tools and documents)
- Step-by-Step Introduction to Food Safety - FamilyFarmed.org
- Produce Safety & GAPs Resources - University of Vermont Extension
- Food Safety and Post Harvest Handling - Atina Diffley
- NC Fresh Produce Safety - North Carolina State University
- On Farm Food Safety Publications - Rutgers University
- Bridging the GAPs - Washington State Department of Agriculture
- UC Small Farm Program - Food Safety - University of California-Davis
Our thanks to the K-State Center for Engagement and Community Development Incentive Grant for funding this project.