Safe Food Preparation
There are many ways food can be prepared. How safely food is handled during preparation can make or break a tasty meal. Keep these tips in mind.
Quantity Food Preparation
Social functions are a great way to get family and friends together. Typically, at these functions, food is served to many people. Food safety is important to prevent family and friends from becoming ill. See the references below to prepare a safe meal.
- DIY Weddings and Food Safety
- Volunteer Quantity Cooking, Leader's Guide
- Volunteer Quantity Cooking, Fact Sheet
- Volunteer Quantity Cooking, PPT Presentation
- Cooking for Groups: A Volunteer's Guide to Food Safety
- 7 Food Safety Steps for Successful Community Meals
- Food Safety and Sanitation Guidelines for Volunteer Group Social Functions
Mail Order Food Safety
All of us enjoy receiving gifts in the mail. Food is a popular gift to give. Some foods, however, are safer than others to send in the mail. Refer to these tips to safely mail your next food package to those you love.
Information on preserving foods safely at home can be found on the Rapid Response Center - Preserve It Fresh, Preserve It Safe website.
Barbecue and Grilling
Having a barbecue is a fun way to gather family and friends. Don't spoil the fun and give your guests foodborne illness. Use these resources to provide the safest food possible.
- Food Safety While Hiking, Camping & Boating | PDF | En Español | En Español PDF
- Handling Food Safely on the Road | PDF | En Español | En Español PDF
- Barbecue and Food Safety | PDF | En Español | En Español PDF
- Foodborne Illness Peaks in Summer - Why? | PDF | En Español | En Español PDF