The Kansas Master Food Volunteer (MFV) Program provides a foundation of knowledge to volunteers in the subject areas of food safety, food science, food preparation, and food preservation. The Extension Master Food Volunteer Program allows people with interests in food, cooking, and nutrition to take their expertise to a higher level while developing new avenues for helping in the community. The Master Food Volunteer Program is patterned after the successful Master Gardener Program.
Advantages and Rewards of the Master Food Volunteer Program
- Multiplies expertise in a subject
- Builds strong support base
- Allows extension educators to focus on in-depth training
- Enables extension educators to devote resources to issue-based programs
- Increases self-esteem of the volunteer
- Provides volunteer hours to support extension programming