A budget is developed and proposed by the board in cooperation with the area extension director. Each extension council must file a budget proposal with the local county commission by July 15. Extension districts must conduct a public budget hearing and submit the proposed budget to the host county clerk by August 25.
Kansas State University provides state and federal funds as part of the total local budget. The local board and the Director of Extension must approve all expenditures.
- Use of Cooperative Extension Funds 3-2019
- Local Extension Unit Finances
- Local Extension Unit Credit (Procurement) Card Policy
- Audit Requirements for Local Extension Units
- Responsibilities for Extension Local Unit Administration of Extramural Funds Form
- Principles of Managing Funds for Extension Affiliated Groups
- Financial Review Committee Responsibilities KSU 4-1 (6/2018)
- Financial Review Checklist (KSU 4-2)
- Annual Financial Report KSU 4-3)
- Cell Phone/Data Enabled Portable Communication Device Options
- Approval of Extension Council and Extension District Expenses
- Budget Development for Local Extension Units
- Uniform Facsimile Signature Of Public Officials Act Form
- Local Unit Change Funds Policy