This list of resources has been compiled to help KSRE staff with continuity of operations and adjusting to new ways of working during the COVID-19 situation. Resources will be added as they become available so check back often.
Face to Face Meeting Necessity Form
COVID-19 Protocol Summary (PDF)
Continuity of Operations
Sample Local Unit Continuity of Operations Plan
Legal Briefing for Open Meetings (PDF)
Communicating about COVID-19 (PDF)
Meeting Guidelines (PDF)
Transportaiton Guidelines (PDF)
Messages from the Director for Extension
View all of Dr. Hadley's messages about COVID-19
Best Practices for Remote Work
KSU Human Capital Services Remote Work Training
Virtual Story Time Programming - Best Practices (PDF)
Beyond the Webinar:Tools for Teaching Remotely
KSRE Digital Delivery Course in Canvas Announcement
Streaming Zoom to Facebook Instructions (PDF)
Zoombombing Prevention Guide (PDF)
Videos for Extension Boards:
- Part 1: You want me to Zoom?!
- Part 2: Zoom like you mean it
Videos about student & audience engagement for online teaching:
- Critical Strategies for Engagement - Online instruction does not necessarily result in online learning. We must include the critical step of engagement. In this 22-minute video, Ohio State University's Dr. Brian Raison presents his "Top 10" list for improving lectures, and provides additional strategies critical for engaging students via distance education.
- Include Everyone - When shifting courses from in-person to online, you can inadvertently isolate one or more students. In this 13-minute video, Ohio State University's Dr. Brian Raison discusses key strategies to help you recognize this and learn critical methods to help students engage, feel safe, and connect for improved learning.
- 8 Opening Approaches - Whether you teach frequently or give only occasional presentations... knowing what your first words will be is a powerful way to connect with your audience. In this 12-minute video, Ohio State University's Dr. Brian Raison presents eight approaches you can use immediately... in person... and online.
- Ask Good Questions - Asking good questions is central to higher level learning. But how can you facilitate that process with an online audience? In this 13-minute video, Ohio State University's Dr. Brian Raison discusses how we might ask better questions in online classes so we don't miss opportunities for deeper engagement, learning, and growth.