K-State Research and Extension serves as the front door for the state's land-grant university by using its statewide network to effectively partner with local, state and federal agentcies. Through consistent branding, we can help Kansans better understand that K-State Research and Extension is the local connection to Kansas State University in every county in Kansas.
A brand is more than simply a wordmark, a flyer or poster or even a website. A brand is a promise to your customer - and in our case, a promise to Kansans to provide unbiased, research-based information to improve the wellbeing of individuals, businesses, families and communities.
The core values that serve as the pillars of the K-State Research and Extension brand are:
- Integrity - to develop and deliver credible information
- Communication - to provide common understanding
- Scholarship - to foster lifelong learning
- Leadership - to serve as an agent of change
- Inclusion - to encourage active participation
We need to work together to build a strong brand for K-State Research and Extension. Building a strong brand requires a clear and compelling message that is:
- Validated by research
- Focused on the audience
- Consistently and repeatedly communicated, delivered and experienced. Consistency builds credibility.
The core of a brand is its wordmark. Our websites, packaging and promotional materials - all of which should integrate our wordmark - help communicate our brand.
Contact Meg Drake (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request access to K-State Research and Extension wordmarks and marketing templates.