Boards and Commissions
Welcome A-Board: Board Leadership Basics
You are serving on a board-now what?
This popular program for local community-based boards covers a number of topics to help board members and boards become more effective in their efforts. The following topics in each session are available to be offered as a group or as individual modules:
- Session 1: Roles and Responsibilities of Board Members/Effective Meetings
- Organized Groups – How Do They Function and What Is Your Role When Asked to Serve?
- Duties and Responsibilities of Non-Profit Board Members
- Organizing and Leading Productive Meetings
- Agendas to the Rescue!
- Basic Parliamentary Procedure
- Session 2: Understanding Fellow Board Members/Conflict Management
- Generations – Adapting Volunteers of Different Ages
- Behavioral Styles
- Managing Conflict in Groups
- Session 3: Financial Responsibilities, Fundraising, Legalities, and Ethics
- Financial Responsibilities of Boards
- Fundraising and Managing Grant Revenue
- Legal and Ethical Issues for Boards
- Session 4: Strategic Planning
- The Importance of Strategic Planning
- Designing a Strategic Planning Strategy – Part 1
- Designing a Strategic Planning Strategy – Part 2
Interested in attending one or more of these lessons as an individual or board? Contact your local K-State Research and Extension office for more details.