Disasters happen, but knowing more about hazards and threats can help reduce the likelihood or the severity. K-State Research and Extension and the Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN) provide information specific to communities, home, and agriculture.
Kansas wildfire and severe weather disaster relief resources:
- Kansas Department of Agriculture recovery resources
- USDA disaster assistance information
- Kansas Livestock Associaton relief efforts
- FSA disaster assistance programs
- K-State Research and Extension has a number of audio resources in broadcast and podcast form available across a spectrum of natural disaster areas. Please click here to access the content page, Ag Today, and type in your search terms to review and listen to our available content.
Resources related to livestock wellness
- Feeding and watering beef cattle during disasters
- Interview with veterinarian regarding post fire cattle health
Resources related to land magement
Resources related to mental health and wellness
Resources related to food safety following a disaster
- How to keep food safe after a disaster or emergency
- Refrigerated food and power outages: when to save it and when to throw it out
- Food, water, sanitation and hygiene information
- Fires and food safety
EDEN – The Extension Disaster Education Network provides valuable information on how to prepare for and navigate during and after natural disasters – specifically on a community/home, agricultural level and identifying emerging hazards and threats.