K-State Research and Extension provides strong educational programming in the area of health. We are guided by a vision of the work done nationally by the Cooperative Extension System (as detailed in this report). As indicated in the report, we work within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services National Prevention Strategy action plan that focuses on ...
... increasing the number of Americans who are healthy at every stage of life through healthy and safe environments and healthy and safe choices.
Working with local, state, and national partners, K-State Research and Extension provides educational programs in the following areas:
- integrated nutrition, health, environment, and agricultural systems
- positive youth development for health
- health and health insurance literacy
- chronic disease prevention and management
- health policy issues education
As seen in Statewide ...