Safe Food Handling
Do you practice good food safety practices at home? You can find information to make your next meal at home much safer in the following publications.
- How to Shop for, Handle, and Store Chicken - NutritionFacts.org
- Food Safety Education
- Back to School!
- Food Storage and Shelf Life
- Got Leftovers? Tips for safely savoring foods a second time around
- Kitchen Companion: Your Safe Food Handbook
- Are You Storing Food Safely?
- Fight BAC!
- Safe Food Handling Fact Sheets
- The Scrub Club®
- Check Your Steps
- Spanish Resources - Partnership for Food Safety Education
Food Pantries and Food Banks
While food pantries and food banks operate year around, they become especially important during the holidays. Food safety is important to give safe food to their consumers. Learn more from the resources below.
- Food Pantries and Food Banks - North Carolina State University