KEAFCS members have the opportunity to apply for state and national awards.
Click on this link to be directed to more information about state awards: The Scholarships / Friend of FCS and First Timers Awards
- All information for awards is on the NEAFCS Awards Page.
- Log in on the NEAFCS Page and you be directed to create an Awards Account that is separate from the NEAFCS Account. This is required to complete the online application.
- While applying online, you will be ask to select your state and region. Kansas is in the Central Region.
- DSA and CE have special requirements, see this page for details on these awards.
- The following are the general steps to applying for any award:
Steps to Apply
- Review awards available in the Awards Manual or Awards at a Glance.
- Once you have selected the award, review the requirements in the Awards Manual.
- Review the General Requirements for all awards from the Awards Manual. (Except the DSA and CE)
- Complete online application. It is best to use an outline format that addresses each of the required elements in the order listed in the award description.
- Include an action photo that supports the award. The national winners will be displayed.
- Write a 30 word summary of the application. This will be used in the awards booklet for national winners.
- Complete online application section which includes a 30 word summary.
Award application committees
Below are the 2016/2017 awards and committee chairs. Submit all applications online at www.neafcs.org
Committee chairs are listed below:
Professional Development Awards
- Distinguished Service Award
- Continued Excellence Award
- Extension Educator of the Year Award
- New Professional Award
- NEAFCS Greenwood Frysinger Fellowship
Robin Eubanks, firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications/Public Affairs Awards
2. Written Press Release
5. Educational Technology
6. Educational Curriculum Package
7. Educational Publications
9. Internet Education Technology
10. Marketing Package Award
Franny Eastwood, email@example.com
- Florence Hall Award
- Dean Don Felker Financial Management Award
- Mary W. Wells Memorial Diversity Award
- Program Excellence through Research Award
- Early Childhood Child Care Training Award
- Food Safety Award
- Community Partnership Award
- Extension Housing Outreach Award
- Clean and Healthy Families & Communities Award
- Family Health & Wellness
- Environmental Education Award
- Human Development/Family Relationships Award
- School Wellness Award
- Social Networking Award
Deb Andres, firstname.lastname@example.org